Oncology surgeon- is a physician operating malignant tumors.
How does a consultation of the oncology surgeon pass?
- History taking;
- Studying investigations;
- Physical examination;
- Development of the individual treatment program.
What diseases does the oncology surgeon treat?
- Acute leukemia – replication of immature blast cells in the bone marrow, accompanied by the deterioration of normal hematopoiesis.
- Lymphogranulomatosis is a primary tumor disease of lymphosystem, spreading to other tissues and organs by a metastatic way.
- Cutaneous melanoma – develops from pigment cells, producing melanin, malignant tumor.
- Erythroid myeloma is a malignant tumor of the bone marrow plasma cells. It has a property, after proliferating, to cause bone tissues damage and penetrate to another organs.
- Neuroendocrine tumors (carcinoid tumors, islet cells tumors, carcinoid, gastroenteropancreatic tumors). These tumors damage the neuroendocrine system in lungs, gastrointestinal tract, ovaries, thymus, kidneys, prostate gland, mammary gland, skin, thyroid, and other organs.
- Soft tissue sarcomas. These are tumors of any extraskeletal non-epithelial tissues – muscular, fatty, lymphoid, synovial tissues, blood vessels, mesothelium, sympathetic ganglion, peripheral nerves, etc.
- Mediastinal mass – tumors developing in the thoracic cavity between the lungs. Such tumors amount approximately 6% of the total number of oncology diseases.
- Tumors of the central nervous system – appear in the cells of brain and spinal cord, and their membranes.
- Uterine fibroid – is the most frequent benign tumor in women.
Diagnostics of oncology diseases
The oncology-surgeon conducts primary examination of a patient, takes the history, clarifies complaints, palpates organs and surrounding lymph nodes. Then investigations are assigned: X-Ray, ultrasound, blood tests for oncomarkers, full blood count. It is possible to suspect something wrong on the full blood count. There can be a sudden rise of leucocytes, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, and decrease of hemoglobin. If there were something wrong with the investigations results, the doctor will ask the patient to make a biochemical blood assay.
The development stage and size of tumor can be seen from a blood test for oncomarkers – specific proteins the level of which rises in patients with cancer. All people have these proteins in some quantity. The value of the blood test for oncomarker consists in the dynamics these proteins growth.
How to make an appointments with the oncology surgeon?
You can make an appointment with the oncology surgeon by completing the on-line-form on the web-site or by calling number: +7 7172 57 78 23