Thoracic surgeon—engages in diagnostics and surgical treatment of thoracic organs (mammary gland, surgery of lungs, heart, esophagus, interpleural space) diseases. Higher qualification physicians with a decades of experience work in our Center.
With what symptoms one should appeal to the thoracic surgeon?
- violation of food passage through the esophagus (See above)
- feeling of something being stuck behind the breastbone
- pain at food passing through the esophagus
- pain «in the pit of the stomach» and esophageal pain
- hiccup, vomiting
- cyanosis and swelling face and upper limbs
- heart rhythm disorder
- increase of intracranial pressure and headaches
What diseases does the thoracic surgeon treat?
- diseases of interpleural space (mediastinitis, interpleural space cysts, mediastinal mass)
- thymus gland diseases
- purulent diseases and tumor in lungs
- esophagus diseases (esophagitis, reflux esophagitis, ulcer, dysphagia)
- gastroesophageal reflux, achalasia, spastic disorders, scleroderma)
- heart and vessels diseases.
Diagnostics of thoracic organs diseases
- X-Ray imaging of thorax (examination of thorax)
- ultrasound investigation
- CT and МRI
What services does the thoracic surgeon offer?
Complex diagnostics and treatment of thoracic organs diseases with different origin and severity are conducted in the Center.
Consultation of the thoracic surgeon includes:
- history taking;
- physical examination;
- studying investigations results;
- symptom and syndrome-based diagnostics;
- development of the individual treatment program;
- selection of an effective rehabilitation and treatment program.
You will get the detailed explanations on the diagnose set and treatment assigned. If necessary, the specialist can assign to undergo additional investigations.
Appointment with the thoracic surgeon
You can make an appointment with the thoracic surgeon by completing the on-line-form on the web-site or calling number +7 7172 57 78 23