The Cardiac Surgery Department of JSC National Scientific Medical Center provides high-quality and state-of-the-art medical services in accordance with the latest developments in the field of heart surgery.
Our staff has sufficient work experience and a high level of professional training. JSC "National Scientific Medical Center" imposes increased requirements on each employee. The center employs exceptionally highly qualified medical staff who are able to effectively fight for the patient's health in the most difficult, sometimes critical situation.
The department treats patients with coronary pathology, acquired heart defects and adult patients with congenital heart defects. We always pay special attention to advanced developments in such areas as cardiology and cardiac surgery. Each device used is a reliable, high–precision device, not only capable of effectively fighting the disease, but also making the treatment process as comfortable as possible for the patient. This feature is extremely important for the elderly, who, due to their age, are not always able to undergo a number of procedures on outdated samples of medical equipment. Our center does everything possible to ensure that every patient, regardless of age and gender, can receive truly high-quality medical care.
Every year, hundreds of different types of surgical procedures on the heart are performed within the department. Coronary artery bypass surgery is performed (with and without the use of an artificial circulatory device), replacement and reconstruction of heart valves, including a minimally invasive approach, surgery on the aorta, surgical correction of congenital malformations in adults.
The medical staff carries out clinical research in various fields: modernization of the technology of the operational process, analysis of the effectiveness of surgery and drug therapy, methods to improve the quality of medical care and social security of patients.
The cardiac surgery department provides a variety of services to patients in the clinic from the preoperative period and after surgery. Throughout all stages of treatment, the patient is under the supervision of the medical staff of the department and the surgeon under whose supervision the operation was performed.
The number of operations performed in a high complexity category is growing every year, among them:
- aortic prosthetics (Bentall de Bono, Borst surgery, aortic valve prosthetics)
- simultaneous correction of heart valves and vessels (CABG, mitral valve repair and vascular surgery. Repeated operations (reprosthetics)
- combined operations (correction of heart defects + surgical correction of oncological diseases)
- reconstructive and reconstructive operations of heart valves (David's operation, various modifications of mitral valve plastic)
- surgical interventions on the heart with low myocardial contractility.
Operations are performed with and without the use of a heart-lung machine.
As part of the guaranteed volume of free medical care (GOBMP), all operations are carried out free of charge.
Cardiac surgery for adults
- performing coronary artery bypass grafting with rehabilitation of the first stage
- operations on heart valves
- combined operations
- annuloplasty of valves
- the use of bio- and mechanical prostheses to replace valves
- aortic surgery
- open valvuloplasty of valves without replacement and with replacement
- prosthetics of heart valves using RF in complex pathology
Another area of cardiac surgery that puts the department in the first position in Kazakhstan is aortic surgery. Methods of circulatory arrest and perfusion of the brain are widely used in thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms, reconstructions of the aortic arch, which significantly improved the results of surgical treatment of this complex pathology.